Tuesday, June 20, 2006

posted by kobzilla | 5:17 AM | 0 comments
The (Mis)Adventure Begins...

I'm writing this in the wee quiet morning at 4am. My head is incredibly alert. Why I want to start blogging at this hour contradicts the claim that I'm alert when I should be sleeping. I haven't been blogging for ages 'cause I think it's a bloody narcissistic exercise and most of the time I haven't got anything worthwhile to say. Well, I've had a couple of beers so who's to stop me?

I joined some friends from secondary school for a gathering. It was a lame excuse for us to have some beer at Brewerkz, I guess. I've always liked the brew there, the drinks had fancy names - 'Darkside', 'Golden Ale' and 'Indian Pale Ale', and they were good. Smooth, wheaty and with a tasty aftertaste.

We talked mostly about mundane stuff:

"How was work?

"Seeing anybody new?

"What're you gonna do few years from now?"

Yea.. The real highlight was when Brewerkz closed for the day and we decided to head down to the Balcony at Heeren. We were a little tipsy but what happened came as no surprise. Some idiot thought it was funny to mount a bike and topple it over. The Kawasaki's going to have some serious scratches. We didn't know who the guy was and most definitely didn't want to be around if the owner was nearby so we ran like hell away. Haha.. Real stupid.

So that's it. My first post in Kobacabana. I will be away on a short backpacking trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. Although the above incident was insignificant, I certainly wouldn't want it to be a prelude to a major-cock-up(disastrous) trip. I just want to see some French colonial architecture, ancient temples and gigantic Buddha statues. It's the stuff of drama and movies, but no misadventures, please. hahaha... Right..

No comments:

Post a Comment