Saturday, February 19, 2011

BBC documentary about blind man's travels

While waiting for Jazz to go for dinner, I found a BBC documentary about a blind journalist Peter White's travels to San Francisco and Istanbul. He seems to be having a good time "people-hearing", walking, attending a baseball game and talking to people. It's pretty amazing how a blind person can travel alone (I assume) and create a radio story without the need for sight. Here's what he says:

I’ve avoided (describing what can be seen) because I avoid it in real life. I personally don’t want people describing views to me because, having never seen, they don’t mean much.
Click to listen Peter White's travelogue.

1 comment:

  1. Actually I do agree with him.
    I like to 'people-hear' as well. And there are times that I don't block out the noises and just want to be engulfed in it.

    'People-watch' & 'People-hear'... One wonders what it does to the person doing so...

    ReplyDelete