Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tuckshop Rocks!!

Finally, I found the holy grail of hang-out joints with rocking tunes and good food!

yy and I celebrated the Pooh's birthday at Tuckshop--a cafe that resembled one in my dreams. I had a good hunch about the place upon entering the place when I saw the DJ's turntables. Though I wanted to, I didn't get to talk to the DJ; he spinned the best rock music I ever heard in a cafe. He spun songs from The Cure, AC/DC, The Strokes and some totally awesome punk rock songs I have never heard before.

Damn, I need to check out the live band and DJ nights with fellow music junkies! (u noe who u r!)

I'm not a foodie and I don't know what to say about the steak sandwich with a portobello mushroom, apparently the numero uno on their menu. Perhaps Popagandhi sums it up aptly as "simple and honest food."

Tuckshop
21 Tanjong Pagar Road (between Play and Oso)

-------------------

By the way, here's a little graphic to give cheapo birthday presents a bit more personality:

Just print it and stick it on the present like this:

... and hope that the recipient will forgive you for giving him/her YellowPages/dictionary/sudoku puzzle! :)

1 comment:

  1. how come I have never gotten any birthday presents from you?!

    ReplyDelete