Monday, November 5, 2007

Hallelujah

Some little things to remark on. I think last week's presentation was delivered to a great reception from the class and it made our anxieties worth it. I know it was partly because ours was the last one and everyone's relieved that the term is coming to an end.

My tutee passed! It's quite a miracle actually when I had gotten so frustrated last week and wasn't quite sure if he's going to make it. Calls for a celebration...

Kamikaze, cherry blossoms, and nationalisms : the militarization of aesthetics in Japanese history. In the midst of reading this book. Made my hair stand on end wondering about how the imperial state made idealistic educated young men give up their lives. There are no easy answers.

the most haunting song I've ever heard. I couldn't believe my ears hearing it in Shrek. It kinda expresses what I feel about the world right now, knowing that for some, the means justify the ends:
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

No comments:

Post a Comment