Sunday, February 10, 2008

J- Don't want me for a sunbeam

Taking a break from schoolwork.

The other day Rocky called from San Francisco to wish me a happy Chinese new year. It's no use envying him but I think it rocks to live in Schwarzenegger's state, even for a short while. On top of that, Rocky stays in an apartment with a skatepark within walking distance. No surprise--considering that's where skateboarding started. (go watch lords of dogtown starring the ill-fated Heath Ledger :( ) I imagine his snowboarding trips were fun too.

Rocky also waxed lyrical about his new Fender, amp, tuner, strings... for a little over a hundred bucks, which is unheard of here in Singapore. Not to mention also he went to the Foo Fighters concert! By a stroke of strange coincidence over one of our innumerable inane beer talk, Lulu and I voted the Foos as the band we most want to watch in Singapore. :(

That conversation with Rocky made me wish I'm in California too. Californiaaa~! I'm reminded also of Stephanie, the beautiful Asian-American girl from UC Berkeley in the aikido class, whom I daren't ask out. :( By association, the poor Issei (first generation Japanese) immigrants discriminated by the whites also come to mind. It's so easy to feel sorry for the marginalized when taking social history classes and feel myself on a higher moral ground, and I found it ironic when Rocky told me that whites are the minority in San Fran.

Hmm.. I feel lousy, and here's the remedy:

Nirvana - Aneurysm

Oh yeah, and the Yeah yeah yeahs rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment