Sunday, March 1, 2009

Under the bridge

Maybe it's her chirpy outlook or her beauty, I am unmistakably enraptured.

It's been some time since my last entry. My poor health has been creeping up on me and I am having less time for books. The Outliers was a good read in so much it articulated so well my own thinking that circumstances make the man, even though he seems to be to be pushing his argument a bit too far. I'm grateful to Dave for leaving that book, along with Playing the Enemy by John Carlin, in the kitchen so I can read them. PTE is a gripping account of Nelson Mendela's shrewd strategy of reconciling the antagonistic races in his country through the rugby World Cup, applying his wisdom of the fact that sports possess that ethereal bond between people that makes it a viable political tool. Anyways, I only have time for that whimsical emo-chic comic Shortcomings by Adrian Tomine. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment