Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ego is a stronger driving force than pain

Took part in the SAFRA half marathon this morning. It was an achievement for me because i outdid my last pathetic attempt by at least 30min. DCFC's hymn-like Soul Meets Body had been ringing in my head as I struggle through the first 17km: So brown eyes i hold you near/ cause you're the only song i want to hear/ a melody softly soaring through my atmosphere/ where is soul meeeets bodeeeey... Then my brother started pulling away at the 17km mark, and I can't let that fat ass outrun me. And "soul meets body" was replaced by the chant: "Get that fat ass, get that fat ass.." :P

1 comment:

  1. Fark man... You can't beat your bro with your 4 pack? I'm so disappointed...

    Anyway, everyone is a fat ass to you. I haven't seen a human being thinner than you.

    ReplyDelete