Friday, August 22, 2008

And you coming back to me is against all odds...



Dan said to me the other day, "What's so special about your blog? Posting youtube videos anyone can do!"

Yet she visits my blog. I'm flattered. :p

Lately there hasn't been anything that inspired me enough to write about. Not the Death Cab for Cutie concert. Not my enjoyable part-time work at the museum. Not my dreadful job hunt either. Not even the string of runs over the next few months - I imagine will be torturous - that I let Colin persuade me into joining.

If I haven't raved on about it already, the Chicago Public Radio show This American Life is da bomb! It has some of the best stories I've ever heard and not to mention, the soundtrack for the show is beautifully done, drawing ever so carefully from the world of music from classic to pop to punk in order to create the right moods for the stories. Phil Collin's Against All Odds is in the 'Breaking Up' episode, how apt!

Now there's something that got me a teeny wee bit inspired. It is a wet and grey Saturday morning, so I gave myself half an hour to try my hand at a little story myself. I only managed a paragraph and I doubt I'll finish it any time soon.

A few days back, a small package arrived from New York and sat on my desk. My father collects the mail everyday and leaves them in my room when I’m not around. Mostly bills and credit card promos and junk in general. Amid all the clutter the big black envelope immediately caught my attention. Then it struck me immediately why she asked for my address that day.

-----

It was at the unforgettable summer camp I met Cris. It did not take very long for us to get together…

2 comments:

  1. dan is here alright! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont mean to say anything about your IT skills, dont get me wrong! u far far far surpass me by far. haha. ive got to learn a thing or two from you.
    - dan

    ReplyDelete