Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Botanical gardens

I went running with Claud at the Botanical Gardens this morning. I knew people were going to give strange looks at me in shorts on a regular workday at the bus interchange. You just don't see a lot of leisurely people 8am when everyone else is heading for work.
The Gardens was beautiful, tranquil, and there were some photographers. It was the first time I jogged there, and it felt like the next best thing after Central Park, which was a lot more scenic and the morning air chill and dry. But I gotta learn to love what I have, at least here at the Gardens there's a swan lake.
Claud was late 15 minutes so I had some time to visit the clean public toilet (a pleasant surprise!) There's a UN Summit at the main building, and a lot of VIPs. They're probably handing out the UN public service award mentioned in yesterday's papers to our civil servants or something.
When she finally arrived we started to run. I didn't how fit she was then, she had been with the NJ dragonboat and they win every freakin' year and the year-end marathon idea was hers, so I flippantly suggested an hour's run for starters. It didn't take long for me to regret not restraining my ego and suggest 30min instead. The place was hilly and we kept running until we kinda got lost and ended up at Farrer Rd. Phwah..

No comments:

Post a Comment